Have questions about Hyundai’s Warranty or about Hyundai in general? You'll find all the answers right here.
SEE ALL EQUUS QUESTIONS
Now experience a more thoughtful approach to luxury with the new Hyundai Equus App for the iPad. Its interface is as refined and intuitive as the Equus itself. And with the ability to access the complete Owner’s Manual, everything you need to know about this exceptional vehicle is literally at your fingertips.
With the Hyundai Equus App you can:
1. Locate the nearest Hyundai dealer
2. Experience the Equus Lane Departure Warning System
3. Experience the Equus Adaptive Headlights
4. Experience the Equus rear-passenger massage and relaxation therapy
5. View the PDF of complete Equus Owner’s Manual
6. View the Equus Owner’s Manual Quick Reference Guide
7. Browse a gallery of all Hyundai vehicles
8. View Equus technical and performance information
Click here to download the Equus iPad App.
Please contact your local Hyundai Equus dealership to schedule a service appointment for your Equus or access the Dealer Locator feature on your Hyundai Equus App.
When you open the Equus App, you’ll see an icon that reads “Owner’s Manual”.
Choose this icon, then once it opens, turn to the Table Of Contents to locate the feature or subject you’re inquiring about or use the search function at top right-hand corner.
The Equus Customer Relations Center provides a premium level of service for Equus owners and prospective owners. Operating Monday to Friday 8 am to 6 pm (EST), this service gives you access to information about warranty coverage, features and functionality, and authorized Equus dealer locations.
Contact us at 1-855-MY-EQUUS (1-855-693-7887) or visit our website at www.hyundaicanada.com
Using the Equus Valet Service, Equus customers will be able to arrange for their vehicle to be picked up and returned by a dealership Equus service professional for service appointments. The Equus service professional will arrive at the customer’s location to pick up the vehicle as well as deliver a Hyundai courtesy car to the customer for use while their vehicle is being serviced. Once service is completed, the service professional will then return the vehicle to the customer. In using the Equus Valet Service, Equus customers will be able to have their vehicles serviced without the inconvenience of having to drop off their vehicles at the dealership. This service is available if you are within 50 kilometres of your Equus Hyundai dealership.
SEE ALL WEBSITE QUESTIONS
Natural Resources Canada and Transport Canada provide basic fuel economy estimates which are intended to reflect average real-world driving conditions. The estimates are established in a controlled manner. The city and highway L/100 kilometres estimates help consumers compare the fuel economy of different vehicles tested under the same conditions.
While the Fuel Consumption Guide estimates are a useful tool for comparing vehicles, there are many factors that affect gas mileage, including how and where you drive, vehicle condition, weather conditions, fuel quality variations, use of air conditioning and other accessories (e.g. roof racks, spoilers, etc.) Given these various factors, your actual mileage will almost certainly vary from the Fuel Consumption Guide estimates.
If you feel that your vehicle is providing poor gas mileage as a result of a malfunction, please contact your Hyundai dealer to make an appointment for an inspection.
There are many factors that may affect fuel economy. Some of them include:
• Quick acceleration and heavy braking
• Excessive idling
• Operating in cold weather and on frequent short trips
• Added weight of cargo or cargo racks
• Running electrical accessories
• Driving on steep terrain
• Using 4-wheel drive (on equipped vehicles)
• Improper maintenance
• Improperly aligned or under inflated tires
• Dirty air filter
• Poor fuel quality
• Use of Air Conditioning
You can save fuel and get more kilometres from your car per tank if you follow these suggestions:
• Drive smoothly. Accelerate at a moderate rate. If possible, avoid fast starts or full throttle shifts, and maintain a steady cruising speed. Try to adjust your speed to that of the other traffic so you do not have to change speeds unnecessarily. Avoid heavy traffic whenever possible. Always maintain a safe distance from other vehicles so you can avoid unnecessary braking.
• Drive at a moderate speed. The faster you drive, the more fuel your car uses. Driving at a moderate speed, especially on the highway, is one of the most effective ways to reduce fuel consumption.
• Don't "ride" the brake or clutch pedal. This can increase fuel consumption and also increase wear on these components.
• Take care of your tires. Keep tires inflated to the recommended pressure. Check the tire pressures at least once a month.
• Be sure that the wheels are aligned correctly. Improper alignment can result from hitting curbs or driving too fast over irregular surfaces. Poor alignment causes faster tire wear and may result in greater fuel consumption.
• Keep your car in good condition. For better fuel economy, maintain your car in accordance with the maintenance schedule in the vehicle Owner's Manual. If you drive your car in severe conditions, more frequent maintenance is required (see Scheduled Maintenance section for more details).
• Keep your car clean. For maximum service, your Hyundai should be kept clean and free of corrosive materials. It is especially important that mud, dirt, ice, etc., not be allowed to accumulate on the underside of the car. This extra weight can result in increased fuel consumption and also contribute to corrosion.
• Travel lightly. Don't carry unnecessary weight in your car. Weight reduces fuel economy.
• Don't let the engine idle longer than necessary. Reduce idling time whenever possible.
• Remember, your Hyundai vehicle does not require extended warm-up. After the engine has started, allow the engine to run for 10 to 20 seconds prior to placing the vehicle in gear. In very cold weather, however, give your engine a slightly longer warm-up period, between 60-90 seconds.
• Don't "lug" or "over-rev" the engine. Lugging is driving too slowly in too high a gear resulting in the engine bucking. If this happens, shift to a lower gear. Over-revving is racing the engine beyond its safe limit. This can be avoided by shifting at the recommended speeds.
• Use your air conditioning sparingly. Using the air conditioning system can reduce fuel economy.
They may, but Hyundai cannot guarantee the effect of aftermarket parts on fuel economy. Additionally, aftermarket parts may use different materials, construction, and specifications than Hyundai Genuine Parts (even though they might specify their part meets or exceeds OEM standards), which may lead to other vehicle related complications. For this reason, Hyundai will only recommend Hyundai Genuine Parts be used on Hyundai vehicles.
No, Hyundai vehicles are designed to operate on fuel with an octane rating of 87 or higher. Some Hyundai engines can provide increased torque and horsepower with premium fuel. Refer to the Introduction section of your Owner’s Manual.
SEE ALL WEBSITE QUESTIONS
Future Value Financing is a great alternative to traditional purchase financing or leasing. With the Future Value Financing option, you get to take advantage of a lower monthly payment and have the advantage of owning your vehicle with no kilometres restrictions just like traditional purchase finance.
You purchase the vehicle and finance it using a Future Value Financing contract through a financial institution. The term of your finance contract is 60 months (5 years) but it is amortized over 84 months (7 years). This allows you to have a lower monthly payment. Your payment schedule is structured using a consecutive monthly payment for the 60 months (5 years) and a balloon payment at the end of your contract (which is the amount remaining on the loan). At the end of the contract term, you have 3 options for paying the balloon payment:
1. Refinance the outstanding balancing owing;
2. Purchase the vehicle by paying the outstanding balance; or
3. Trade the vehicle in towards the lease or purchase of a new Hyundai vehicle.
How does Financing work?
When you purchase a vehicle you can pay for the entire amount up front or you can use a loan to purchase the vehicle.
When you purchase a vehicle with a loan, a financial institution pays the selling dealer on your behalf; in return you agree to pay back the money borrowed over a specified period of time (typically up to five years). The financial institution will then charge you "interest" on the money borrowed.
How does Leasing work?
A lease is the payment for the use of a vehicle over a specified period of time. Your payments cover the vehicles depreciation over the term of the lease. Because this amount is much less than the full purchase price, the payments can be less. You (referred to as the "Lessee") agree to maintain the car during the lease and only put the number of kilometres specified in the lease agreement. At the end of the lease, you can return the vehicle or take advantage of the option to purchase it.
When Hyundai owners receive a recall notification letter, Hyundai urges owners to contact their Hyundai dealer service department at their earliest possible convenience to have the recall performed at Hyundai’s expense.
Bluetooth comes standard on the 2013 Elantra Coupe, Elantra GT, Sonata, Genesis, Genesis Coupe, Santa Fe Sport, Santa Fe XL, Veloster, 2012 Sonata Hybrid, and Veracruz. It is also available as an option on certain trim levels of the 2013 Accent, Elantra, and Tucson.
All 2013 Hyundai models include an iPod/USB/Auxiliary Input.
Hyundai continues its commitment in striving to be the most fuel-efficient automaker on the planet with the first ever hybrid from Hyundai. The all-new Sonata Hybrid has all the style and premiums you expect in a Sonata, along with projected fuel economy of 5.7 city / 4.8 highway / 5.3 combined L/100km. And unlike other hybrids on the market, the Sonata Hybrid uses a breakthrough lithium polymer battery pack, which runs cooler, lighter and is shapeable for more optimum packaging.
Hyundai's proprietary parallel hybrid drive system is the heart of the Sonata Hybrid. This is where the Sonata Hybrid gains a key advantage. Most of the competition uses a power split system with a planetary-geared Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). Most competing hybrid models use electric motors that have to power a planetary gear set. By utilizing a full parallel hybrid drive system, the Sonata Hybrid uses the power from the electric motor more efficiently to directly control the vehicle, allowing it to be operated at much higher speeds than the most of the competition in EV (electric vehicle)-only mode.
All of our current brochures are available for download here.
SEE ALL WEBSITE QUESTIONS
Hyundai's vehicle warranty offers the following coverage. Information is also available on the Warranty page.
• 5-Years / 100,000 kilometres Powertrain Protection: covers most engine and transaxle components
• 5 Years / 100,000 kilometres comprehensive Limited Warranty: covers nearly every new vehicle component
• 5 Years Unlimited kilometres Anti-perforation Warranty: covers rust-related corrosion of body sheet metal
• 3 Years Unlimited kilometres 24-hour Roadside Assistance: covers towing (including accident towing) , lock-out assistance, changing flat tire, out of gas assistance, battery jump starts, trip interruption and travel planner. Note: Equus 5 years/unlimited kilometres 24-hour Roadside Assistance covers: towing (including accident towing), lock-out assistance, changing flat tire, out of gas assistance, battery jump starts, trip interruption and travel planner.
• 12-Month / 20,000 kilometres Replacement Parts and Accessory Limited Warranty
Cover repair or replacement of any Hyundai Genuine Replacement Parts or Accessories supplied by Hyundai that is defective in material or factory workmanship under normal use and maintenance.
Genuine Hyundai Parts or Accessories supplied by Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. and purchased from an authorized Hyundai dealer, but not installed by an authorized Hyundai Dealer, are covered for 12 months/unlimited kilometres.
Accessories installed on a vehicle at the time of or prior to the vehicle’s date of first use are covered for 3 years/60,000 kilometres.
Accessories installed by an authorized Hyundai Dealer after the vehicle’s date of first use are covered for the remainder of the 3 years/60,000 kilometres warranty or 12 months/20,000 kilometres whichever is greater.
• 8-Year / 130,000 kilometres Major Emission and Performance Warranty
• Travel planning for 2012 models and forward.
Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. offers several options that will help you to protect your valuable investment.
When you choose the Hyundai Protection Plan that’s right for you, you can be covered for up to 160,000 kilometres. And if you buy the protection plan at the same time as you purchase your vehicle, you may be able to include the cost of the plan in the financing of your vehicle. For more details, visit the Hyundai Vehicle Protection Plans page.
The Hyundai Roadside Assistance Program reflects Hyundai's commitment to complete satisfaction with the Hyundai ownership experience. It is available within Canada and the continental United States, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Roadside assistance is provided on all new Hyundai vehicles from the date the vehicle is delivered to the first retail buyer or otherwise put into use (in-service date), whichever is earlier, for a period of 3 years/unlimited kilometres, regardless whether the current owner is the original owner or a subsequent owner.
The Hyundai Roadside Assistance Program provides the following services:
• Towing Service: Transport to the nearest Hyundai Dealer or Authorized Service Centre within 100 kilometres, in the unlikely event the vehicle is inoperable.
• Roadside Services:
- Battery Jump Start Service
- Flat Tire Changing Service
- Lock-out Assistance (keys locked in car)
- Fuel Delivery (up to 10 Litres, where available) and to be paid for by customer at current pump prices
- Mechanical First Aid Service
- Winching and Extrication Service
• Trip Accident Assistance Service Benefit: In the event a warrantable mechanical disablement occurs more than 300 kilometres away from home, and the vehicle is disabled due to unforeseen accident overnight due to a repair in process, Hyundai Roadside Assistance will reimburse reasonable expenses for meals, lodging, or alternate transportation.
- Travel Planning for 2012 models and forward
- For more information regarding your vehicle warranty coverage, please refer to your Service Passport located in your glove compartment.