Letter from the president
Hyundai Canada’s COVID-19 response
Dear Hyundai family,
During this unprecedented time, all of us at Hyundai Auto Canada feel greatly for all who have been impacted by COVID-19. Front line workers have shown exceptional resilience during these trying times and we applaud them all. All essential services must continue to operate with increased caution and effectiveness.
As motor vehicle, auto-supply, auto and motor-vehicle-repair, car and truck dealerships and related facilities have been included as part of the Essential businesses list by several provincial governments, Hyundai Auto Canada wants to provide a safe and healthy environment for all our valued customers, dealer staff and communities.
Hyundai understands how critical it is for Canadians to limit their mobility at this time and that social distancing is crucial in limiting the spread of the virus. However, personal vehicles remain essential for many Canadians to access necessary services, buy groceries and purchase supplies for their families. They are ever more essential for all those providing front line services such as first responders and medical staff. For this reason, Hyundai will continue to operate in the best interest of its customers, both in dealerships and through online resources.
I can assure you that extraordinary health and safety precautions are being prescribed in dealerships to ensure the safety and well-being of our customers. These include, but are not limited to:
- Increased frequency of cleaning commonly touched surfaces (e.g.: door handles, railings, computers, phones, washrooms, seating areas, countertops, writing devices, service counters, etc.).
- Before each vehicle exchange, wiping down contact points to ensure customer safety (e.g.: Door handles, seatbelts, steering wheel, gear shift, temperature and audio controls, wiper and indicator stalks, etc.).
- Increased hand sanitizing dispensers and wipes throughout the dealership for customers and staff.
- Technicians working on vehicles will wear gloves at all times and replace them between vehicles.
- Service work orders can be emailed to customers in advance to reduce wait times in dealerships.
- Encouraging the availability of vehicle drop-off services, where possible.
Our focus is on providing prompt vehicle servicing and necessary repairs for existing customers in need. Accordingly, some dealerships will be greatly reducing or temporarily halting their sales functions in order to decrease the number of staff needed on site at one time.
At this time, most of our Hyundai dealers will remain open with reduced hours. To find your local dealer, please consult our website. If servicing or repairs are needed and you cannot reach a dealer to assist you, please call our Customer Care line at 1-888-216-2626 and we will direct you to the next-closest operational location.
To further support our customers affected by the uncertain business and financial environment created by the pandemic, we will also be offering the following programs:
- One-month payment deferral available for existing lease customers.
- A maturity date extension option, where lease customers in self-isolation can delay their vehicle return at the end of term by an additional 30 days to three months.
- Please inquire with Hyundai Capital for both options:
- Up to a three-month payment deferral available for existing financing customers. Our banking partners are here to help and will do everything possible to assist you. Many are equipped to offer payment deferrals up to 3 months based on the customer’s needs. Below is the contact information for each of them. Customers will need to contact their respective loan provider directly to discuss their personal situation. *Please note that there are currently longer than normal wait times.
- Royal Bank: 1-800-769-2511
- Scotiabank: 1-800-472-6842
- TD Auto Finance: 1-866-694-4392
- Six-month payment deferral program available on all new vehicles financed at a Hyundai dealership.
- A rate break of 1% for most new vehicles, passing on economic stimulus measures recently put in place by Canadian banks.
Safety is always our top priority. Everything we do is focused on enhancing the well-being of our customers, staff and communities. We appreciate your patience, kindness and compassion during this time. Please practice social distancing as much as possible and take care of yourselves and your loved ones.
All my best,
President and CEO
Hyundai Auto Canada Corp