So, your lease is ending ...
As your lease comes to an end, Hyundai Motor Finance and your local Hyundai dealership will help guide you through the lease-end process and into your next journey with Hyundai.
We will provide you with the tools to help you get ready for your next new vehicle!
Near the end of your lease we will:
- At 120 days to lease maturity, mail you a Lease-End Kit to help guide you through the lease end process.
- Provide you with a Self-Assessment Checklist and Excess Wear and Use Self-Assessment Tool to help you evaluate your vehicle's condition.
- At 60 days to lease maturity, instruct our inspection provider, AutoVin to contact you to book an inspection at your home, or place of business
Our Lease-end Service team is happy to help and discuss your lease-end options.
Getting a new Hyundai?
Contact your local Hyundai dealership to test drive new models and learn about offers that may be available to you. Explore our full vehicle line-up
Keeping your current Hyundai?
Contact your local dealership to process vehicle purchase transaction.
Returning your Current Hyundai?
- Call AutoVIN if you have not been contacted within 45 days prior to the end of your lease to book your vehicle inspection.
- Work with your Hyundai dealership, or other reputable service providers to make any necessary repairs to your vehicle to help reduce the likelihood of excess wear and tear charges, including repairs covered by insurance, recalls, and winter tires replacements (if applicable).
- Satisfy all remaining financial , and other obligations.
- Contact your local Hyundai dealership to arrange a vehicle return appointment.
Lease-End To-do List
You’re coming up to the end of your lease, and now’s the time to consider your options for how you’ll wrap it up.
Reduce unwanted surprises and make a smooth transition out of your current vehicle by completing the following items near the end of your lease:
Before your AutoVIN inspection we recommend: (only if you plan to return)
- Complete an assessment of your vehicle’s condition using the attached Self-Assessment Checklist and Excess Wear and Use Self-Assessment Tool prior to inspection conducted by AutoVIN (third-party inspection company).
- Work with your Hyundai dealership, or other reputable service provider, to make any necessary repairs to your vehicle to help reduce the likelihood of excess wear and tear charges, including repairs covered by insurance, recalls, and winter tires replacement (if applicable).
- Call AutoVIN at 1-800-268-6639 if you have not been contacted within 45 days prior to the end of your lease to book your vehicle inspection.
When returning your leased vehicle:
- Remove any personal belongings from the vehicle, and delete personal data from GPS, Bluetooth, HomeLink and BlueLink, if applicable.
- Ensure all original equipment (keys, fobs, manuals, all season tires, copy of ownership, etc.) and any other items that came with the vehicle are present and operational at the time of return.
- Provide copies of maintenance records and/or recalls.
- E-mail copies of invoices for repairs completed post-vehicle inspection with your Vehicle Identification # to: Lease-end@Hyundaifinancing.ca
- Satisfy all remaining financial and other obligations.
- Sign vehicle return receipt and request a copy from the Hyundai dealer for your records.
The following are examples of Normal Wear and Tear Conditions: If you have questions or need repairs, contact your local Hyundai dealership
- Scratches (without paint damage) on exterior panels and hood less than 10cm with a maximum of 5 per panel.
- Single windshield chip (without cracks) must be less than 0.6 cm and outside of the driver’s field of vision.
- Dings, dents (without paint damage) on exterior panels and hood are less than 5 cm, in diameter with a maximum of 5 per panel.
- Holes, cuts, tears, burns, scuffs and permanent stains (including upholstery, headliner, carpets, etc.) are less than 0.6 cm, with a maximum of 2 for the entire vehicle.
- All original equipment and accessories must be present and fully operational.
- Tires & Rims
- All tires (including spare if applicable ) are in the original type, size, and speed rating with at least 0.33 cm tread depth remaining.
The following are examples of CHARGEABLE* excess wear and tear conditions. If you have questions or need repairs, contact your local Hyundai dealership
- Any dings, dents with paint damage on panels and hood greater than 5 cm
- Any scratches on panels and hood greater than 10 cm
- Hail damage
- Windshield chips with cracks (any size)
- Repair or damage that comprises safety
- Substandard Repairs as determined by HMF in its sole discretion
- Any holes, cuts, tears, burns, scuff, and permanent stains exceeding 0.6 cm
- Any missing equipment or broken parts, and aftermarket accessories
- Tires & Rims
- Any mismatched, bent, broken, cracked or warped Rims and Tires with depth less than 0.33 cm
- Missing spare tire (if applicable)
- Winter tires
- Any modification to performance components, suspension or fuel system
- Broken or non-functioning vehicle warning lights
- Any change to paint colour non-factory paint scheme or wrapping
- All aftermarket accessories
- Kilometers exceeding maximum allowed per term
* This checklist is for information purposes only, and Hyundai Motor Finance may change these guidelines at any time and at its sole discretion. A formal assessment of excess wear and tear, and any repairs that are required will be provided following a third-party inspection of your vehicle upon return.
Early Lease Termination
Contact your local Hyundai dealership to discuss your options if your lease is 90+ days to maturity.
Early Lease Payoff
Please contact our customer service team for assistance.